Triton Fountain at Valletta City Gate (Malta) – Restoration work, plant requalification and urban regeneration of the surrounding area
Brief historical notes. Symbol of the Maltese Republic, the Triton Fountain, conceived by the Maltese artist Vincent Apap and Arch. Victor Anastasi, was designed and built between 1952 and 1959. This consists of three large concentric circular basins forming the magnificient monumental base in precious Roman travertine on which the massive bronze sculptural group is laid, in turn composed of three figures of tritons that support an upper basin. The whole is surrounded by a floor decorated in artistic architectural concrete made with the typical Maltese “Mosaik” technique.