The Palazzo Marconi in Frascati (RM) – Artistic and architectural restoration works
Brief historical notes. The first structure of the building was built at the end of the 17th century, when Antonio Gabrielli, heir of the Lancellotti family, chose the area close to the Aldobrandini stables as a place of residence, entrusting the design and construction task to the family architect Carlo Francesco Bizzaccheri. In 1744 the property passed to his nephew Antonio Gabrielli Carpegna and from this moment the palace took the name of Palazzo Carpegna, until in 1807 when it was sold to the politician Luigi Marconi who entrusted the architect Giuseppe Camporese with the task of redesigning the spaces of the Palace by providing also the creation of a large gallery to house his collection of ancient sculptures. The historic building was also the residence of the American musician and writer Mary Alsop King and since 1880 has been the seat of the Municipality of Frascati.