The Oratory of Santa Cecilia in Perugia – Restoration and rehabilitation works
Brief historical notes. It was built in 1687-90, in the middle of the Baroque period like the adjacent Church of San Filippo Neri, designed by Pietro Baglioni (1687-90), aiming to host as a music room, according to the rule of the Filipinos. The interior is of fine Baroque technique with a central Greek cross plan where concave walls alternate with convex walls. A double cornice identifies two orders of choirs and a large dome cover. Throughout the eighteenth century the Oratory of Santa Cecilia lived its heyday. In the concave wall, located in front of the entrance, there is a canvas depicting the Madonna and Child with Saint Cecilia by Carlo Lamparelli di Spello from 1688.